Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sami Khawam <S....@ee.ed.ac.uk> on 2007/02/14 21:39:24 UTC

Critical recovery

Hi,

Recently a our BDB svn repository got corrupted, and I am having
problems recovering it. Tried searching through this list but couldn't
find an answer. I would be grateful if anyone can help. Unfortunately,
what was meant to be a backup got lost as well. Here is the setup:

BDB version: 4.0  (logs have version 5)
SVN version: 1.1.3

A harddisk corruption has occurred and I ended up with 1659 log files
numbered: log.0000002165 to log.0000003824 . The logs with numbers
1-2164 dont exists.  What exits though is 1 year old backup done as a
dump file.

I followed the instructions in:
http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2004-03/1726.shtml

And put only the log files in a directory and used db_recover -c -v.
When using db4.1_recover, I get the following:
  db_recover: Finding last valid log LSN: file: 3825 offset 0
  db_recover: Recovery complete at Wed Feb 14 21:14:50 2007
  db_recover: Maximum transaction id 80000000 Recovery checkpoint [0][0]

and nothing is created.

When using db4.0_recover, I get:
  db_recover: Finding last valid log LSN: file: 3824 offset 354191
  db_recover: Recovery starting from [2165][28]
  db_recover: Recovery complete at Wed Feb 14 21:17:58 2007
  db_recover: Maximum transaction ID 8074c02a Recovery checkpoint
[3824][354239]
  db_recover: warning: changes: No such file or directory
  db_recover: warning: copies: No such file or directory
  db_recover: warning: nodes: No such file or directory
  db_recover: warning: representations: No such file or directory
  db_recover: warning: revisions: No such file or directory
  db_recover: warning: strings: No such file or directory
  db_recover: warning: transactions: No such file or directory
  db_recover: Recovery complete at Wed Feb 14 21:17:58 2007
  db_recover: Maximum transaction id 80000000 Recovery checkpoint
[3824][354239]

Again, no new files are created in the directory and the database is not
usable by svn. I cannot used db4.2_recover or newer as the databases are
too old.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sami