Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Anand Natrajan <an...@cs.virginia.edu> on 2004/07/20 01:35:16 UTC

Serialisation errors in .NET client with Axis 1.2 rpc/enc service

Hello,

I'm seeing some client-side serialisation errors when I try to access my
Axis 1.2 rpc/encoded service using a VB .NET client. This same combination
worked in Axis 1.1, but fails with Axis 1.2. I am using the Axis 1.2 beta
from June 14th - I plan to test with the July 15th release as well.

Attached is a complete trace of what I did and what the error is. I've shown
- the signature of the Java service
- the java2wsdl Ant task I used to generate the WSDL
- the wsdl2java Ant task I used to generate deploy.wsdd, which I deployed
- the VB .NET client
- the SOAP request generated by the .NET client
- the SOAP response when my service was deployed under Axis 1.1
- the SOAP response when my service was deployed under Axis 1.2

The only difference between the two scenarios (1.1 vs. 1.2) is that I
changed the Axis libraries (axis*.jar, commons*.jar, saaj.jar, wsdl4j.jar,
jaxrpc.jar) and re-ran the procedure right from compiling the service and
running java2wsdl and so on.

I realise that the attachment is somewhat long and intense, but I'd really
appreciate it if someone gave it a look and told me either what I was doing
wrong or what has changed between Axis 1.1 and 1.2 in this respect.

I plan to enter a bug regarding this issue shortly.

Thank you!

Anand Natrajan

Re: Serialisation errors in .NET client with Axis 1.2 rpc/enc service

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Anand,

try setting sendXsiTypes to false in your server-config.wsdd.

thanks,
dims