Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Ksenia Khailenko <xe...@tut.by> on 2011/07/08 07:30:46 UTC

Re: Chat with Ksenia Khailenko

Hi Eshan!

The updating of Cayenne Modeler when some configuration file is changed is
already being performed. You can check: if you change file from the eclipse
or any external project, and then open Modeler, then there is a dialog "One
or more project files were changed by external program. Do you want to load
the changes?". This dialog and then reloading is performed by the
org.apache.cayenne.modeler.ProjectWatchdog#doOnChange()[88], which reopens
the project in modeler to load the changes. but in this approach all the
opened views in the modeler will be closed. so, I think at the first stage
we should just update the project without reopening all the views and then,
somehow remember them and make the whole view unchangeable after the
refresh.

As for the sandbox.
Try this:
$ git svn init https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/sandbox sandbox
$ cd sandbox
$ git svn fetch
$ git checkout master

if it doesn't help, tell me, I'll send you the bundle of the sandbox(but it
is over 20mb)

--
Regards, Ksenia Khailenko