Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Dave Lester <da...@ischool.berkeley.edu> on 2013/10/31 22:45:32 UTC

Looking for volunteers to help improve Mesos documentation

I'd love to recruit new volunteers to help with Mesos documentation. I
recently took a pass through the docs, but there's a lot of room for
improvement. A few things that stand out to me include improving the
getting started guide, reviewing docs before releases are cut, and perhaps
language translation.

Who is interested in helping, and what would you like to contribute? Please
respond on the thread so folks can follow along.

Dave

Re: Looking for volunteers to help improve Mesos documentation

Posted by "OMURA, Shingo" <ev...@gmail.com>.
> Shingo and Ryosuke: Awesome RE: translation.
Thanks paco :-)

I think that we have to be aware of the difficulty to keep japanese
translation the latest.
So, I think It would be better that japanese version would be released
synchronized with mesos release.
It could be the same for other translations.

Also, I would be very pleasure if I could put a link to my
vagrant-mesos and cookbook-mesos on getting-started page.
For person who are familiar to vagrant and chef, I believe that
vagrant-mesos and cookbook-mesos would be very convenient.

Shingo Omura
everpeace@gmail.com
http://everpeace.github.io/

Posted by Sam Taha <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paco Nathan <ce...@gmail.com>.
Atlas is what we use in O'Reilly to produce EPUBs, and it's based on
AsciiDoc. We can translate most flavors of markdown via Pandoc.

Some OSS projects are beginning to publish in EPUBs -- with the benefit
being that so many people read on Kindle and other devices.

Posted by Şükrü Bezen <su...@sukrubezen.com>.
I can translate to Turkish.

It is a great opportunity for me because I was planning to learn mesos.

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 3:26 AM, Dave Lester <da...@ischool.berkeley.edu>wrote:

> Shingo and Ryosuke: Awesome RE: translation.
>
> Anyone interested in translating in languages other than Japanese?
>
> Paco, interesting question as it relates to republishing via O'Reilly
> EPUB. I'm not sure if that's possible, but I suspect that others on the
> user list may know.
>

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Paco Nathan <ce...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm in.
>> experience in writing "getting started" guides, a variety of markup
>> workflows, general editorial work, reviews, etc.
>>
>> For that matter, if Apache would allow it, we could build our written
>> collateral in Atlas and publish as a free O'Reilly EPUB.
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Dave Lester <da...@ischool.berkeley.edu>wrote:
>>
>>> I'd love to recruit new volunteers to help with Mesos documentation. I
>>> recently took a pass through the docs, but there's a lot of room for
>>> improvement. A few things that stand out to me include improving the
>>> getting started guide, reviewing docs before releases are cut, and perhaps
>>> language translation.
>>>
>>> Who is interested in helping, and what would you like to contribute?
>>> Please respond on the thread so folks can follow along.
>>>
>>> Dave

Şükrü BEZEN

Re: Looking for volunteers to help improve Mesos documentation

Posted by Dave Lester <da...@ischool.berkeley.edu>.

Posted by Paco Nathan <ce...@gmail.com>.
I'm in.

Posted by Ryosuke IWANAGA <ry...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Me too. I'm interested in translation. I have no opportunity to use Mesos
so far, but I'd like to learn and advertise it through this contribution.

Thanks,
Ryosuke IWANAGA a.k.a. riywo

Posted by "OMURA, Shingo" <ev...@gmail.com>.
Hello Dave,