Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by David Robley <da...@robley.net.au> on 2021/05/11 08:29:31 UTC

Re: Spell check in apache open office version 4/1/10 not working

If the above solution doesn't help, have a look at [Troubleshooting]
Spell check in OpenOffice
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16512

As a courtesy I have forwarded a copy of this reply to you as well as to
the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
<us...@openoffice.apache.org> - replies to my personal email address
will be ignored.

On 11/5/21 5:24 pm, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> On Tue, 11 May 2021 07:15:25 +0000
> Stan Reffin <km...@outlook.com> wrote:
>
>> I have checked all the  all boxes in the tools section and set English USA. The bottom box of the spell check is greyed out.  So the spell check seems not to be working  nor does the red underline when typing. Simple solution please from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10
>>
> A quick solution is to delete or rename your OpenOffice User Profile.  OpoenOffice, on next startup, will create a new User Profile, and the spellcheck should work after that. To do this:
>
> Close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder (user.old is good to use). Start OpenOffice.

Cheers
--
David Robley

This tagl ineh asto oman yfou rlet terw ords.