Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by java javae <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2009/01/27 17:29:31 UTC

Error building POM (may not be this project's POM).

Hi,

I have a problem with compiling my projects under continuum using the top
parent of my projects. I remove the --non-recursive flag on the build
directive of my top projects.

The pom.xml of the modules projects looks like this:
    <modules>
        <module>../Project_A</module>
        <module>../Project_B/module>
        <module>../Project_C</module>
    </modules>

when I try to build from the top parent of my project pom.xml I get this error:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR

Project ID: unknown

Reason: Could not find the model file 'C:\apache-continuum-1.2.3\data\working-directory\Project_A'. for project unknown

Any idea why I get this error?

Thanks.

Re: Error building POM (may not be this project's POM).

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
You won't be able to do a recursive build of a project with a flat
layout like this, but it should work if you use the default
--non-recursive build, and build the entire project group.

I've tested it with this example project:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/continuum/sandbox/flat-example/

Continuum checks out each project into a numbered directory, so the
relative paths in your module definitions simply don't exist in
Continuum's working directory.

--
Wendy