Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Trond G. Ziarkowski" <tr...@gep-as.com> on 2005/02/03 11:35:04 UTC

Using SSL for selected pages only

Hi all!

I have setup a security-constraint in my web.xml:
    <security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
            <web-resource-name>UserHome</web-resource-name>
            <url-pattern>/home/*</url-pattern>
        </web-resource-collection>
        <user-data-constraint>
        </user-data-constraint>
    </security-constraint>

Tomcat now redirects all requests to myapp/home/* to use ssl. In my
jsp's I use c:url to create relative urls in links. When the user stands
in i.e /myapp/home/userInfo.htm and now presses the link to go to the
frontpage /myapp/index.htm, is there a way that I can make tomcat not
use ssl? Or do I have to modify my links to acheive this?

Trond