Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net> on 2006/04/12 20:01:55 UTC

set component on ~40 jira issues with no component set

I went through and set component on about 40 of the outstanding jira
issues that had no component set, sorry for the blast of mail for
those on the JIRA change list.  I find it useful to scan outstanding
issues by component, so this is useful for me.  It would be nice if
reporters, if they have some idea would set component when creating
the issue as often they have the context to know what component is
most appropriate.  Obviously some users may have no idea, but most
of the ones I set seemed to be reported by active Derby developers
logging work in specific areas.

Note I tried my best to assign the right components, but only spent
a very short time triaging each issue.  So if you disagree with the
setting, then you are probably right and go ahead and change it.

Again I would have found it useful to do a better job than "SQL" on
many, but now I don't remember where we ended up on adding
"sub-components" for the SQL category.

Also I was left with the following 2 issues, which I just couldn't
figure out a category - any opinions?: