Posted to dev@unomi.apache.org by Serge Huber <sh...@apache.org> on 2022/03/01 11:00:34 UTC

Unomi board report draft

Hello all,

I have prepared the board report for Unomi, please let me know asap if it's
ok or not.

Regards,
  Serge...

The mission of Apache Unomi is the creation and maintenance of software
related
to providing a reference implementation of the OASIS Customer Data Platform
specification currently being worked on by the OASIS Context Server
Technical
Committee

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention

## Membership Data:
Apache Unomi was founded 2019-02-20 (3 years ago)
There are currently 14 committers and 7 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 2:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Taybou on 2021-03-19.
- No new committers. Last addition was Anatol Sialitski on 2021-01-29.

## Project Activity:
We have just released version 1.6.0 that adds the possibility to build
extensions using Groovy and no longer requires providing OSGi plugins,
making
it much easier for non-Java users to provide connectors. We will then
encourage the community to contribute extensions since it will become much
easier for users of various backgrounds to contribute.

At the same time we are hard at work on version 2, that will introduce the
usage of JSON schema as a main way to define objects in the system, and that
will also be used to secure input against malicious attacks. The GraphQL API
is also another important part of version 2, that we hope to release in the
first half of 2022.

## Community Health:
The community has been a bit less active since the last report, but a lot of
work in terms of commits and PRs have been contributed. The new release
included work from a more varied set of contributors. The project welcomes
contributions as much as possible. Interest in the technology (Customer Data
Platform) is still very high, and it is quite possible that the community is
larger than what is represented in communication.

Here are the usual metrics:
- dev@unomi.apache.org had a 10% decrease in traffic in the past quarter
  (385 emails compared to 427)
- users@unomi.apache.org had a 64% decrease in traffic in the past quarter
  (11 emails compared to 30)
- 18 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (-41% change)
- 19 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (-26% change)
- 78 commits in the past quarter (-26% change)
- 10 code contributors in the past quarter (no change)
- 26 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (-25% change)
- 26 PRs closed on GitHub, past quarter (-35% change)

Re: Unomi board report draft

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@apache.org>.
Ok thanks, I did this in all the previous reports for transparency and I do
explain the activity a little. But if it generates questions I prefer to
remove it :)

Re: Unomi board report draft

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Serge,