Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by SivaKumarl <si...@naradaproducts.com> on 2009/04/02 12:14:51 UTC

How to configure SSL for particular application

Hi Friends,
              I configured SSL(https) in server.xml , and i have three
applications in my tomcat and now my problem is i need to access only
application through https and remaining through http protocol,but here three
application are accessible by https protocol. So please help me how to
configure to particular application for SSL.

       Ex:
         I deleployed A,B,C applications in tomcat.
in need to  access only application A through https, and remaining
applications should be restrict (i.e., remaining should be through http
protocl).

Thanks and Regards

RE: How to configure SSL for particular application

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: SivaKumarl [mailto:sivakumarl@naradaproducts.com]
> Subject: How to configure SSL for particular application
>
> i need to access only application through https and remaining
> through http protocol

Read section 12 of the servlet spec.  Configure a <transport-guarantee> of CONFIDENTIAL in the WEB-INF/web.xml of the webapp to be protected.  You cannot prevent use of HTTPS for the other webapps, but you can require its use for the ones you want.

 - Chuck