Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Hal DeVore <ha...@acm.org> on 2001/12/16 03:40:32 UTC

Re: Reading attribute values with leading spaces

  Dean> not imply the same thing that a *CDATA Section* means in
  Dean> the body of an XML document, which means "don't be messin
  Dean> with my stuff".

My understanding is that whitespace normalization
happens even in CDATA _sections_.

--Hal

Re: Reading attribute values with leading spaces

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
Yeh, that's true. Normalization is done at the low character spooling level,
so its done always really. The only time its not done at that level is when
what's being spooled is an internal entity, which has already been
normalized during its initial parse, so one way or another the normalization
is always done.

I guess I was just trying to make sure he understand that CDATA means two
different things, since he seemed to be thinking that. I just picked a
really bad example to try to point it out :-)

Dean Roddey
The Charmed Quark Controller
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com
http://www.charmedquark.com

"If it don't have a control port, don't buy it!"