Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2002/03/27 14:08:54 UTC

Treeprocessor the default engine?

TreeProcessor will be the default engine in the next release.
I would like to see it set as default starting right away.

What do you guys think?

If not now, when?

            - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Treeprocessor the default engine?

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 8:43 pm +0100 28/3/02, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>Jeremy Quinn wrote:

<snip/>

>>Sorry, there was still the little issue of this working in Compiled, but
>>not Interpreted:
>>
>><map:aggregate element="root">
>>	<map:part type="request" element="req"/>
>>	<map:part src="docs{target}" element="original"/>
>></map:aggregate>
>>
>>TreeProcessor complains about the missing src parameter.
>>
>>regards Jeremy
>>

>Jeremy, does this really work with the compiled engine ?
>
>Consider the following extract from sitemap.xsl :
>  <xsl:template match="map:part">
>    <xsl:param name="ca"/>
>    <xsl:if test="not(@src)">
>      <xsl:call-template name="error">
>        <xsl:with-param name="message">src attribute missing in
>aggregates part element</xsl:with-param>
>      </xsl:call-template>
>    </xsl:if
>
>...seems like the treeprocessor is right when it complains about a
>missing "src" ;-)

I guess you are right.

I would like it to work on both then ;)
It allows you to write simpler sitemaps, saving an extra jump to lightspeed
(sorry, that should have been, internal pipeline ;)

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
   <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>             <pa...@vizzavi.net>

Re: Treeprocessor the default engine?

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.

--
Sylvain Wallez

Re: Treeprocessor the default engine?

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:

>>>Haven't seen a commit message... I did send you email about it... and
>>>you even answered ;)
>>>
>>The answer :
>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=101714062425031&w=2
>>and the commit :
>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=101714023924736&w=2
>>
>>;-)
>>

>Well, but that was a different one, wasn't it? ;)

In fact, I misunderstood your mail at that time, and corrected a first
bug that existed in action-sets : the parameters from the action-set
call (in the pipelines) were not passed.

Anyway, all should be OK now.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez

Re: Treeprocessor the default engine?

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
> > Haven't seen a commit message... I did send you email about it... and
> > you even answered ;)
>
> The answer :
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=101714062425031&w=2
> and the commit :
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=101714023924736&w=2
>
> ;-)

Well, but that was a different one, wasn't it? ;)

> > Seems like parameters are not passed to an action within an action-set.
>
> Mmmmh. Found it ! Looking at sitemap.xsl, I see what was missing :
> parameters defined in the action-set weren't merged with those coming
> from the action-set call. This is now fixed, please cross-check !

I'll do...
--
Torsten

Re: Treeprocessor the default engine?

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Torsten Curdt wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >
> >>TreeProcessor will be the default engine in the next release.
> >>I would like to see it set as default starting right away.
> >>
> >>What do you guys think?
> >>

> >...there are still some issues...
> >
> Which ones ? Jeremy found a bug in view handling a few hours after 2.0.2
> went out, but it's now fixed.
>
> There are still some ongoing discussions about views, but it's not
> treeprocessor-specific and it behaves just like the compiled engine.
>
> >as soon as everything is fixed +1
> >
> Well, from my POV, +1 ;)

Yes, +1 as well.

I'm sure bugs will emerge faster that way.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: Treeprocessor the default engine?

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> TreeProcessor will be the default engine in the next release.
> I would like to see it set as default starting right away.
>
> What do you guys think?

...there are still some issues...

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
+1. (Treeprocessor the default engine)