Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Phan, Ngan" <Ng...@intuit.com> on 2008/05/16 23:00:50 UTC

Using maven-apt-plugin breaks maven-clover-plugin run with duplicate class compilation errors

Hi,

Currently I am working on a project that makes use of the
maven-apt-plugin. One of the configuration options for maven-apt-plugin
is the <generated> tag which specifies the source directory containing
the generated sources. Default value is src/main/gen. When using the
maven-clover-plugin to do coverage reports, the forked build tries to
compile files in its own workspace along with the src/main/gen
directory. The <generated> property actually does not get cloverized.
This results in the compiler seeing duplicate classes because it sees
both files in the clover workspace and files in the original build's
directory. In the <generated> tag, I have tried to use
${project.build.directory} to orient the build to use the current build
directory but maven-apt-plugin flags this as an error in configuration.
Has anyone seen this problem before?

Thanks,
Ngan