Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Piero Campanelli <pi...@pierocampanelli.info> on 2003/09/04 16:28:00 UTC

Clarification on Notification style of WSDL and callback API

Hi to all,

I am interested about callback API in AXIS. How is its state of development
? I have seen previous posts about a current work about it but didn't find
any update about it.

Speaking clearly I am trying to get a deeper understanding of webservice and
their benefits. I believe that webservices are not a distribuited object
middleware (a-la RMI) but the concept of asynchronous notification of data
is important in many domains and in financial domain in particular.

Watching several commercial implementations of webservices I saw that
callback mechanism is implemented using artificious logic cabled into stubs
generated by tools provided by vendors. Do you know any possible logic to
implement this kind of stuff ? Related to this I am unable to understand the
"Notification" style of WSDL message. When is it used? Is it related to
asynchronous callback ?

Thank for your help and feel free to write me about these topics

Piero Campanelli
Software Engineer
Gatelab - http://www.gatelab.com

Re: Clarification on Notification style of WSDL and callback API

Posted by Rob Moore <ro...@yahoo.com>.
This is outside of Axis, but you may be interested in xmessages:

http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/xgws/xmessages/

"XEvents/XMessages provides a simple framework for reliable application
level messaging called XMessages and an events system called XEvents, which
is built on top of the XMessages framework."

Re: Clarification on Notification style of WSDL and callback API