Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by CARVALHO Nuno Soares <ca...@enabler.pt> on 2001/02/06 18:13:26 UTC

Template path in properties file

Hi,

I can't change the template path in the Velocity properties file.
The file is accessed as the log file is according to the one defined in the
properties file.

Here's the properties file:

##
# Properties for the template loader
##

runtime.log = myvelocity.log

template.loader=org.apache.velocity.runtime.loader.FileTemplateLoader

template.modificationCheckInterval = 2

# #
# Path to templates.
# Default=current directory
##
template.path=/java/tomcat/webapps/webvote
# I've also tried
# template.path=\java\tomcat\webapps\webvote
# template.path=c:\java\tomcat\webapps\webvote

# #
# Cache the templates?
# #
template.cache=false

# Options for the Output
template.encoding=8859_1

# This is for #foreach loops. You can
# retrieve the current number of the item
# being operated on by using the special
# $velocityCount variable. Here you can specify
# what to start the counter at 0 or 1.
counter.initial.value = 1

# You can name what the counter
# variable can be accessed as.
counter.name = velocityCount

# The value for the default content type to return
# in VelocityServlet
default.contentType=text/html

The engine seems to look for the templates in the JSP engine bin directory.

My configuration is: Tomcat 3.1 + JDK1.2.2 + Win95 + Velocity20010206

Thanks in advance,
Nuno Carvalho