Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Michael Heinen <mh...@recommind.com> on 2008/03/10 18:39:35 UTC

t:saveState and richfaces ?

I am facing a problem with t:saveState which could be caused by
richfaces/ajax4jsf (but not sure about it)

The saved component is still "living" after leaving and revisiting a
page.

I defined a managed bean in request scope:

<managed-bean-name>WorkflowController</managed-bean-name>

<managed-bean-scope>request</managed-bean-scope>

It is saved via:

<t:saveState id="savedWorkflowController"
value="#{WorkflowController}"/>

If I enter the page the first time then the Constructor of
WorkflowController is called. If I now leave the page and re-enter it I
expect that a new instance is created, but it isn't.

I am sure that this feature was working well in the past.

An older version of my workspace with ajax4js4 1.1.0 is running fine.
Unfortunately I can't go back to this version in my current workspace
due to incompatibilities.

Any ideas how to isolate this problem quickly?

My enviroment:

myFaces 1.1.5

tomahawk 1.1.5 snapshot

richfaces-ui-3.1.4 GA

tiles and jsps (no facelets)

server-side state saving

RE: t:saveState and richfaces ?

Posted by Michael Heinen <mh...@recommind.com>.
Thanks Geoff.
I posted this also to the richfaces list: http://jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=131586
There is also an issue in their jira: http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/RF-1519

Michael

I think this might have been addressed in the latest RichFaces
development builds (3.2?)  but I haven't been able to confirm.  Has
anybody gotten around this issue?

Posted by Geoff Longo <gm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Heinen <mh...@recommind.com>.
I noticed today that this bug occurs only if I use outputLinks.

Beans are re-instantiated as expected if I execute commandLinks or commandButtons.
They live on if I execute simple outputLinks!

The same happens if I use a4j:keepALive instead of t:saveState.

Any ideas ?
I am still not sure whether this is an a4j or a myFaces issue!

Michael

Posted by Ognjen Blagojevic <og...@etf.bg.ac.yu>.