Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> on 2010/04/21 14:40:46 UTC

diagnostic vtis

The following question was posted to me privately. I am going to answer
it on the public lists since it does not seem to be a confidential
communication and the answer may be interesting to a broader readership:

"Hi. What VTI classes refer to SYSCS_DIAG.TRANSACTION_TABLE and
SYSCS_DIAG.LOCK_TABLE tables? Some of those which I mentioned about
against being incompatible with Java 6, I suppose?"

The diagnostic vtis live in the org.apache.derby.diag package. You are
right that those vtis compile against jdk 1.4 and don't compile against
Java 6. However, I am not aware of any problems running the diagnostic
vtis on Java 6. Please let us know if you are seeing a problem.

Thanks,
-Rick