Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Gregg, John E." <Jo...@wellsfargo.com> on 2005/04/19 23:37:32 UTC

namespace prefixes in 1.1

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with namespace prefixes in 1.1.  My schema has a
sequence of 0..n customer accounts.  Say the accounts belong to ns1.  Each
account has an account key, belonging to a different namespace, ns2.  Each
account key has 3 mandatory and 2 optional children.  I'm only populating
the mandatory children.  The first mandatory child is a ref from a 3rd
namespace, ns3.  The next 2 mandatory children are part of the account key's
namespace.  When Axis sends a response to a client, the array gets
serialized like this:

<ns1:clientAccount xmlns:ns1="...">
  <ns2:accountKey xmlns:ns2="...">
    <ns3:child1 xmlns=ns3="...">...</ns3:child1>
    <child2>...<child2>
    <child3>...<child3>
  </ns2:accountKey>
</ns1:clientAccount>
<ns4:clientAccount xmlns:ns4="...">
  <ns5:accountKey xmlns:ns5="...">
    <ns6:child1 xmlns=ns6="...">...</ns6:child1>
    <ns5:child2>...</ns5:child2>
    <ns5:child3>...</ns5:child3>
  </ns5:accountKey>
</ns4:clientAccount>

The problem is that child2 and child3 in the first clientAccount need
namespace prefixes but don't have them.  There is a default namespace output
by Axis but those children are not in it.  Oddly, subsequent accountKeys in
the array are fine.  At the risk of confusing things further, when we output
the content of our response using SerializationContextImpl(writer,
msgCtx).serialize(), things are fine.  Using the debugger, I can see that
Axis and our code are calling that method with the same params.  Dunno about
the constructor yet.

I'm SLOWLY working through this with the debugger but would appreciate some
hints.

thanks

John Gregg
Application Systems Engineer
Wells Fargo Private Client Services Technology