Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Krishnanand Khambadkone <kk...@yahoo.com> on 2017/09/02 17:19:04 UTC

Use cases for Flink

I have been trying out various scenarios with Flink with various sources and sinks.  I want to know how folks have been using Flink in production.  What are the common use cases.  Essentially,  I have implemented similar use cases in Spark and now I find it fairly straightforward to convert these flows to Flink.  I do see that the throughput in Flink is an order of magnitude greater in Flink.  It is also great for subsecond batching and record by record processing.   Any other thoughts?