Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Peter Eddy <pe...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/03 16:20:58 UTC

timeout gen_server, update_docs

Hello,

I was running a test yesterday that simply creates a large number of
sequentially ID'd, simple documents. My test was happily chugging
along until it reached the 9131'th document, at which time I got the
error:

"{timeout,
    {gen_server,
        call,
        [<0.63.0>,
         {update_docs,
             [[{doc,
                   "9131",
                   ["614044885"],
                   {obj,
                       [{"TYPE","four"}, .."

I was kind of surprised by this since both the client and server
process were on the same machine and there was very little CPU load.
The database seemed to be fine afterwards, too.

Is this sort of timeout something that a client should expect to receive?

I'm using CouchDb 0.8-incubating which was sync'd June 28th (last weekend)

thanks,
Peter