Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/21 15:31:58 UTC

Web site / Confluence spaces

I'd like to have feedback on how we should organize the web site and
confluence together.
Currently we have the main site (SM space) and a number of new ones for
ServiceMix 4 (SMX4KNL SMX4NMR, SM4).
I'm thinking it makes sense to have several spaces so that we can version
things more easily by exporting and reimporting the space when a major
version comes in, but this can still be changed easily.
Another problem is that currently, cross-spaces links do not work when
exported to the web site, so this would require a single space, or some
changes to the web site so that these links work (it's just about having the
space key in the url instead of a readable name:   /SMX4KNL/ instead of
/kernel/ ).

There are a few different ways:
   * using a single space SM (so put back the new spaces into the old one)
   * use only two / three spaces (smx3, smx4, main)
   * use multiple spaces / versionning (smx3, kernel, nmr, components, smx4,
main ...)

Not sure what the best approach is, so ideas are welcome.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Web site / Confluence spaces

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 21, 2008 3:02 PM, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why do you think it would be more time consuming ?
> I guess the only problem will be to choose the right location for a given
> page, but other than that, I don't really see any other problems.

Yeah, I guess. Additionally, if some issue overlaps two modules and
needs explanation in each space, I guess cross-space linking will
solve that.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/