Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Joe <sv...@freedomcircle.net> on 2005/03/15 02:19:13 UTC

Fixing mixed svn:eol-style

I imported about 500 files from a Unix tar file (that had LF as EOL markers)
into a Windows 1.1.3 repository (which has other files in it, originally
imported with CRLF markers).  When I check out the files (on Windows), their
fileformats are "unix" and of course changing them to "dos" in the WC results in
diffs.  It seems as if the fact that the original files had LF markers has been
implicitly maintained by Subversion, presumably because the default
svn:eol-style 'native' was in effect when I did the import and the imported
files did not comport to the native (CRLF) style.

Is there some away around the problem now, other than backing the import out?

Joe

Re: Fixing mixed svn:eol-style

Posted by David Ripton <dr...@ripton.net>.
On 2005.03.14 21:19:13 +0000, Joe wrote:
> I imported about 500 files from a Unix tar file (that had LF as EOL
> markers) into a Windows 1.1.3 repository (which has other files in it,
> originally imported with CRLF markers).  When I check out the files (on
> Windows), their fileformats are "unix" and of course changing them to "dos"
> in the WC results in diffs.  It seems as if the fact that the original
> files had LF markers has been implicitly maintained by Subversion,
> presumably because the default svn:eol-style 'native' was in effect when I
> did the import and the imported files did not comport to the native (CRLF)
> style.
>
> Is there some away around the problem now, other than backing the import
> out?

Do "svn proplist -v" or "svn propget svn:eol-style" to see what the EOL
style is on the imported files.  I suspect it's not set at all, so you
get the files exactly as checked in.

You should just be able to "svn propset svn:eol-style native" for each
of the files.  Then checkin.  Then do a checkout or update, and the
files should have native line endings.

This is all in the svn book.

--
David Ripton    dripton@ripton.net