Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net> on 2001/08/08 08:34:56 UTC

Cocoon Stammtisch Tonight

Hi All,

	Hope all is well.

	Just a reminder that the Cocoon Stammtisch is on in Frankfurt tonight,
	at Töffi's cafe on the Berger Strasse (Merianplatz U4 train station) at
	8pm. All are invited to come and enjoy.

	Looking forward to meeting you.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:

Re: Cocoon Stammtisch Tonight

Posted by Mariano Kamp <mk...@codamax.com>.
.. and there will be a slip of paper on one table saying "reserverd for
cocoon, 8'o clock". The table will be of size 6-8.

;-) Mariano

Posted by Mariano Kamp <mk...@codamax.com>.
> 	It was a great evening though, and it sounds like cocoon2 is getting
> 	some real usage out there, hopefully there's interest to meet
> 	again in a few weeks.

There absolutely is. Just name a new day.

Mariano ;-)

Re: Cocoon Stammtisch Tonight

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Marcus Crafter wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> >         Just wanted to say it was great to meet those of you who were able to
> >         attend the Cocoon Stammtisch on wednesday. It's always great to match
> >         up faces with names, and to hear about Cocoon in use in other
> >         projects.
>
> So are you going to keep the rest of us in suspense?
> What all went on in the Stammtisch?  We can't all be there :/

	Its a pity you all couldn't be there too :-( Couldn't you charge it
	as a business expense :-) :-)

	We had about 7 people in total, several from the project where I work
	(myself, Christian, Michael, and Olaf), and others from Frankfurt who
	also use cocoon and are on the dev-list - Mariano, Drasko, and Phillipe.
	Unfortunately Matthew and Carsten couldn't make it this time, but I
	hope next time it will work out.

	There wasn't a real agenda set, it was more just an opportunity to meet
	others IRL who are using cocoon and to see what style of applications
	are being built out there.

	The venue was good, but a little loud for discussion, and a bit slow
	on the beer :-)

	We talked about lots of things, ranging from cocoon1 to cocoon2,
	developer and user perspectives of cocoon, similar commercial
	products, etc, and some off-topic things like OO vs relational
	databases, Frankfurt, Australia, and more, which was also good.

	No photos this time, but I'll remember that for the next one! :-)

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Hey....How about posting some photos? minutes of the meeting?

Thanks,
dims

--- Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> 	Just wanted to say it was great to meet those of you who were able to
> 	attend the Cocoon Stammtisch on wednesday. It's always great to match
> 	up faces with names, and to hear about Cocoon in use in other
> 	projects.
>
> 	I look forward to the next one. :-)
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Marcus
>
> On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Marcus Crafter wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > 	Hope all is well.
> >
> > 	Just a reminder that the Cocoon Stammtisch is on in Frankfurt tonight,
> > 	at T�ffi's cafe on the Berger Strasse (Merianplatz U4 train station) at
> > 	8pm. All are invited to come and enjoy.
> >
> > 	Looking forward to meeting you.
> >
> > 	Cheers,
> >
> > 	Marcus

>      ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
>     ;$'      '$$$$:    Computer Systems Engineer
>     $:         $$$$:   Open Software Associates GmbH
>      $       o_)$$$:   82-84 Mainzer Landstrasse
>      ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
>        '     /( &&&
>            \_&&&&'     Email : Marcus.Crafter@osa.de
>           &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
>     &&&&&&&:

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI

Re: Cocoon Stammtisch Tonight

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
Hi All,

	Just wanted to say it was great to meet those of you who were able to
	attend the Cocoon Stammtisch on wednesday. It's always great to match
	up faces with names, and to hear about Cocoon in use in other
	projects.

	I look forward to the next one. :-)

	Cheers,

	Marcus

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Marcus Crafter wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> 	Hope all is well.
>
> 	Just a reminder that the Cocoon Stammtisch is on in Frankfurt tonight,
> 	at Töffi's cafe on the Berger Strasse (Merianplatz U4 train station) at
> 	8pm. All are invited to come and enjoy.
>
> 	Looking forward to meeting you.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany