Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by "Winnebeck, Jason" <Ja...@windstream.com> on 2016/01/15 20:05:13 UTC

Groovy Beta

A Groovy issue that affects us significantly was recently fixed in the Apache JIRA as "2.5.0-beta1". From what I can tell, there is not currently a place to download betas. Is there a plan to release a Groovy 2.5 beta milestoon soon?

Jason

RE: Groovy Beta

Posted by "Winnebeck, Jason" <Ja...@windstream.com>.
The issue you mention is the one that I care about. For our code it's about a 10x performance improvement for the affected @CompileStatic code. We've been adding the workaround when possible but there are a few hundred classes where it impacts us (a business rule framework). I see the list discussion that 2.4.6 is coming soon. If it were backported to 2.4.6 that would be super amazing for us and we can stop applying the workaround.

Jason

Posted by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net>.

Re: Groovy Beta

Posted by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net>.
Hi Jason,

Re: Groovy Beta

Posted by Shil Sinha <sh...@gmail.com>.
I didn't backport the fix for the issue in question because it wasn't a
trivial change, and seemed to be more of an enhancement than a bugfix. That
being said, I don't feel too strongly about the changes not being in 2.4.X,
so I'd be OK with backporting the changes if other committers are for it.

Re: Groovy Beta

Posted by Cédric Champeau <ce...@gmail.com>.

:

RE: Groovy Beta