Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Chuck Williams <cb...@earthlink.net> on 2003/04/03 07:35:31 UTC

How does one use the jetspeed:portletlink tag?

I'm trying to build the content for the tag dynamically as I have a
table that I display in the original portlet and the first column of the
table contains the link to the detailed view. The link needs a parameter
that changes for each row, so the jetspeed:portletlink tag needs to look
something like:

dynamicId %> >Click Here for Details</a>

First question is, is the above correct syntax?

Second, if it is, when I generate the directive I can never get the
closing quote after the name attribute...it always comes out looking like:

dynamicId %> >Click Here for Details</a>

which results in an incorrect hyperlink in the displayed document.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Chuck

Re: Posted by Jamie Lerner <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Chuck...is this the Chuck Williams from Dallas who
just had a baby????

Jamie.
--- Chuck Williams <cb...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> How does one use the jetspeed:portletlink tag?
>
> I'm trying to build the content for the tag
> dynamically as I have a
> table that I display in the original portlet and the
> first column of the
> table contains the link to the detailed view. The
> link needs a parameter
> that changes for each row, so the
> jetspeed:portletlink tag needs to look
> something like:

> name="MyDetailedPortlet"/>&id=<%=
> dynamicId %> >Click Here for Details</a>
>
> First question is, is the above correct syntax?
>
> Second, if it is, when I generate the directive I
> can never get the
> closing quote after the name attribute...it always
> comes out looking like:

> name="MyDetailedPortlet/>&id=<%=
> dynamicId %> >Click Here for Details</a>
>
> which results in an incorrect hyperlink in the
> displayed document.
>
> Thanks in advance for the assistance!
>
> Chuck

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> jetspeed-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

Re: Posted by Chuck Williams <cb...@earthlink.net>.
Ok, I think I've got the syntax correct but I'm still not getting the
desired reults.

The syntax I'm generating is:

action="controls.Maximize"/>&docid=RTCTH2SOLCUSRES20030327001111345">View
Log Details</a>

but instead of getting a hyperlink with just "View Log Details" I get
the following for my hyperlink:

&docid=RTCTH2SOLCUSRES20030327001111345">View Log Details
<http://localhost:8888/dsportal/%3Cjetspeed:portletlink%20name=>

Now I'm guessing that there's something I need to do to get the taglib
to process the jetspeed:portletlink tag as the above syntax is set into
a string variable and displayed in the orginial portlet with

<%= stringResult %>

as in:

String stringResult = "<a href=\"<jetspeed:portletlink
name=\"DocSwitchAuditLogDetails\"
action=\"controls.Maximize\"/>&docid=RTCTH2SOLCUSRES20030327001111345\">View
Log Details</a>"

Is there anything I can do to get the directive processed correctly?

Thanks in advance,
Chuck

RE: Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.