Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hossein Tahani <ta...@cs.nmhu.edu> on 2001/04/04 04:07:50 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError

Hi all,
I just joined this list. If my question has been
answered before I would appreciate a link to the
answer.

I have installed jakarta-tomcat3.2.1 on red hat 7.0. I
have integrated with apache1.3.19 with mod_jserv.

I have no problem with servlets, but when I access some
of the .jsp files I get the following error message:
Root cause:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.SunJavaCompiler.compile(SunJavaCompiler.java:128)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:285)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.doLoadJSP(JspServlet.java:478)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader12.loadJSP(JasperLoader12.java:146)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:449)

Any idea is greatly appreciated.

Hossein

--
Hossein Tahani, Ph.D.    505-454-3301