Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Suprem Vanam <su...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/24 05:13:53 UTC

Request for Jira account to contribute to Apache Kafka

Dear Apache Software Foundation Team,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Suprem Vanam, and I am writing
to request a Jira account from ASF. I am a developer and have been learning
Apache Kafka for some time now. Our team has recently started using Kafka
at work, and I have been impressed with the project's capabilities.

I would like to contribute to the Apache Kafka repository on GitHub. I
understand that the infra team has disabled public sign-up due to an influx
of false Jira accounts creating spam tickets. I assure you that I will use
the account responsibly. I understand the importance of maintaining the
integrity of the ASF's systems and will follow all the policies and
guidelines set by the team.

I am excited about the opportunity to contribute to this open-source
project and help make it even better. Please let me know if there is any
additional information required from me.

Best regards,
Suprem