Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by k deepthi <kd...@yahoo.co.in> on 2009/12/29 13:02:08 UTC

Regarding exception while compiling the stylesheet

Hi Team,
When I am trying to generate PDF by applying XSL below is the exception it has thrown...

ERROR: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.util.SlotAllocator.allocateSlot(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.util.MethodGenerator.addLocalVariable2(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.VariableBase.mapRegister(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.Variable.translate(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.SyntaxTreeNode.translateContents(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.If.translate(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.SyntaxTreeNode.translateContents(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.Template.translate(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.TopLevelElement.compile(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.Mode.compileNamedTemplate(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.Mode.compileTemplates(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.Mode.compileApplyTemplates(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.Stylesheet.compileModes(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.Stylesheet.translate(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.XSLTC.compile(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.XSLTC.compile(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTransformer(Unknown Source)
 at

Please help me...

Regards
Deepti.

Re: Regarding exception while compiling the stylesheet

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
k deepthi wrote:
> Hi Team,

Hi,

> When I am trying to generate PDF by applying XSL below is the exception
> it has thrown...
>
> ERROR: java.lang.NullPointerException
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>  at
> com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.util.SlotAllocator.allocateSlot(Unknown
> Source)
>  at
> com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.util.MethodGenerator.addLocalVariable2(Unknown
> Source)
>  at

This error is thrown by Xalan not FOP. Try generating the XSL-FO using
XSLT and XML and xalan instead of FOP. Maybe you will get more details
on the error.

<snip/>

Chris