Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2010/11/15 13:14:07 UTC

[IP-CLEARANCE] Bushel Donation to Apache Ant

Hi all,

the people behind the Bushel project at Google Code[1] which provides
limited OSGi support to Apache Ivy want to donate their codebase for
integration into Ivy.

The code can be found at JIRA issue IVY-1241[2], all three authors
(one of them is Ant PMC member Nicolas Lalevée) signed software grants
and the Ant PMC voted to accept the donation.

The form is already online at
<http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/bushel.html> but I forgot to
add it to the index (done now, should become world-visible soonish).

72hrs waiting period for -1s start now.

Thanks

        Stefan

[1] http://code.google.com/p/bushel/

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1241

Re: [IP-CLEARANCE] Bushel Donation to Apache Ant

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the people behind the Bushel project at Google Code[1] which provides
> limited OSGi support to Apache Ivy want to donate their codebase for
> integration into Ivy.
>
> The code can be found at JIRA issue IVY-1241[2], all three authors
> (one of them is Ant PMC member Nicolas Lalevée) signed software grants
> and the Ant PMC voted to accept the donation.
>
> The form is already online at
> <http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/bushel.html> but I forgot to
> add it to the index (done now, should become world-visible soonish).
>
> 72hrs waiting period for -1s start now.
>
> Thanks
>
>        Stefan
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/bushel/
>
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1241

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour
- Blog: http://tadabborat.blogspot.com
----
- Albert Einstein

than your best."

"Stay hungry, stay foolish."
- Steve Jobs

Re: [IP-CLEARANCE] Bushel Donation to Apache Ant

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
+1

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
Le 17 nov. 2010 à 00:30, Christopher Brind a écrit :

> Apologies if this is not the place to discuss this, but I notice on the
> Bushel Google Code page that it only honours "require-bundle", is that still
> the case?
>
> Are there plans to support import/export package soon (since package level
> dependencies are the recommended practice and, IMHO, require-bundle is
> frankly an after-thought to OSGi to support the Eclipse crowd).  I think
> this has the potential to be a great addition to Ivy, but not until it
> supports package level dependencies.
>
> That said, I don't have anything against this happening, just curious and
> would like to know that further development is planned. :)

It depends on the Ivy resolver you use, but packages are mostly supported. One of the resolver even support the "use" attribute.
It is quite experimental though, OSGi's dependency model doesn't fit that well into Ivy's one. If you are interested in this topic, here is the documentation of the mapping of the "smartest" Ivy-OSGi resolver:
http://code.google.com/p/bushel/wiki/IvyOsgiMapping

And a proper place to have further discussion would be the ivy-user or ant-dev if you are interested :)

Nicolas

Posted by Christopher Brind <br...@brindy.org.uk>.

Re: [RESULT] [IP-CLEARANCE] Bushel Donation to Apache Ant

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
Thank you Stefan for your time and everybody for their positive votes.

I'll then proceed with the code import.

Nicolas

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 16:09, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it's been almost 90 hours since I started the thread, I haven't seen any
> -1s and even two +1s (thanks Mohammad and Siegfried).  So by lazy
> consensus the process has finished successfully and Bushel can be
> imported.

Thanks Stefan.

Conor

[RESULT] [IP-CLEARANCE] Bushel Donation to Apache Ant