Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2007/12/07 09:24:37 UTC

GL Accounting development: status update

This is a status update report of the development effort to complete the
GL Accounting features in OFBiz.
For more details:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/pageinfo.action?pageId=3250

and

By the end of the week end, thanks to the great work that Anil and his
group of developers are doing, all the main GL posting services will be
implemented and so the first main goal of the project is near to completion.
Of course they will need to be tested, reviewed and improved but the 90%
of the work in the auto posting area is done.
We may use some help to document the new services, as described in task:

The task is about completing the wiki page:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/GL+auto+posting+services

with information about all the accouning services that start with
createAcctgTransFor* i.e. the auto posting services.
In fact they all share the same pattern:
1) each of them is triggered by some business events in OFBiz (inventory
is received, invoice is issued etc...)
2) each of them create an accounting transaction composed by:
2.1) one header: AcctgTrans
2.2) two or more entries (D/C): AcctgTransEntry
For 2.1, each posting service sets an acctgTransTypeId for the header
(AcctgTrans) and, instead of hardcoding the GL Account Id to which the
D/C entries are posted, it uses a GL Account Type Id (glAccountTypeId)
that is then mapped to a real glAccountId (configured during setup for
the organization).
We would like to document:
a) the acctgTransTypeId used by each service
b) together with the glAccountTypeId used for Debit and Credit entries
c) (at the bottom of the page) we would like to document the demo GL
configuration (and complete it in the DemoGlSetupData.xml file) by
specifying the glAccountTypeId<-->glAccountId used for the demo
"Company" organization.

Next steps:

* tests and fixes
* reports
* period closing
* COGS methods
* AR/AP applications
* serialized inventory items

Jacopo

Re: GL Accounting development: status update

Posted by Jim Barrows <ji...@gmail.com>.
Congrats!  Now I just need to get the Income and Balance Sheet pieces working.

--
James A Barrows

Re: GL Accounting development: status update

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Adrian Crum wrote:
> Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>> 2) you have now commit privileges for the framework, right? ;-)
>>
>> Jacopo
>
> I do? That's news to me!

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/ASF+Board+Report+2007-12+-+Draft

by the way I'm sending out an email too.

Congrats

Jacopo

PS: for the PMC part, this is not still official, because we have to
wait 72 hours after the ACK from the ASF Board

Re: GL Accounting development: status update

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> 2) you have now commit privileges for the framework, right? ;-)
>
> Jacopo

I do? That's news to me!

Re: GL Accounting development: status update

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Hi Adrian,

Adrian Crum wrote:
> Jacopo,
>
> Thank you for the update! And many thanks to everyone who worked on the
> Accounting component!
>
> I can help out in January - things are pretty busy for me this month.

Thanks

> Jacopo - regarding the reporting, could you take another look at the
> xsl-fo work I did?

Yes, of course I'll look at that but:

1) initially I'd like to start with html reports... aka interactive
screens, then we will also provide, at least for some of them, an xsl-fo
variant

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Jacopo,