Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Elvy <pi...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/03 11:22:51 UTC

Re: Anarchy in Private-Package and Import-Package

I managed to resolve Import-Package using optional resolutions as you said,
but now the BundleActivator cannot be found.

here's my maven-bundle-plugin configuration :

            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
                <version>1.1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
                <extensions>true</extensions>
                <configuration>
                    <instructions>
                        <Bundle-Name>Tactical Editor Bundle</Bundle-Name>
                        <Bundle-Version>${pom.version}</Bundle-Version>

<Private-Package>com.tacticaleditor.*</Private-Package>
                        <Import-Package>
                            org.*;resolution:=optional,
                            com.*;resolution:=optional,
                            net.*;resolution:=optional,
                            javassist.*;resolution:=optional,
                            sun.*;resolution:=optional,
                            javax.persistence.*;resolution:=optional,
                            javax.crypto.*;resolution:=optional,
                            javax.servlet.*;resolution:=optional,
                            javax.security.*;resolution:=optional,
                            javax.xml.*;resolution:=optional,
                            samples.*;resolution:=optional,
                            apple.*;resolution:=optional,
                            javax.mail.*;resolution:=optional,
                            junit.*;resolution:=optional,
                            glu.*;resolution:=optional,
                            gnu.*;resolution:=optional,
                            antlr.*;resolution:=optional,
                            *</Import-Package>
                        <!-- embed all dependencies -->

<Embed-Dependency>*;scope=compile|runtime;inline=true</Embed-Dependency>
                        <!-- embed the dependencies of the dependencies-->
                        <Embed-Transitive>true</Embed-Transitive>

<Bundle-Activator>com.tacticaleditor.Activator</Bundle-Activator>
                    </instructions>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

And here's the message I get from Felix:
WARNING:
 *** Class 'com.tacticaleditor.Activator' was not found. Bundle 11 does not
import package 'com.tacticaleditor', nor is the package exported by any
other bundle or available from the system class loader.
 *** (java.lang.ClassNotFound Exception: *** Class
'com.tacticaleditor.Activator' was not found. Bundle 11 does not import
package 'com.tacticaleditor', nor is the package exported by any other
bundle or available from the system class loader. ***)

WARNING:
 *** Class 'com.tacticaleditor.Activator' was not found. Bundle 11 does not
import package 'com.tacticaleditor', nor is the package exported by any
other bundle or available from the system class loader.
 *** (java.lang.ClassNotFound Exception: *** Class
'com.tacticaleditor.Activator' was not found. Bundle 11 does not import
package 'com.tacticaleditor', nor is the package exported by any other
bundle or available from the system class loader. ***)

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.tacticaleditor.Activator

The Activator is in my bundle, I should not have to import it, nor export
it...

Isn't my bundle's classloader supposed to know about the classes within the
bundle?

I'm kindda lost on this one.

-----
Tell me something you don't know!

Re: Anarchy in Private-Package and Import-Package

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
On 03/12/2007, Elvy <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After investigating my MANIFEST file, I can't find any Private-Package
> entry
> concerning com.tacticaleditor.
>
> There are entries from all the packages I depend on, but nothing for my
> own
> Bundle classes. How is that possible? I clearly stated
> <Private-Package>com.tacticaleditor.*</Private-Package>.

if you send your current pom.xml to me directly (as an attachment) I'll take
a look at it tomorrow
btw, are the com.tacticaleditor classes compiled from src/main/java or taken
from a dependency?

-----
> Tell me something you don't know!

Cheers, Stuart

Re: Anarchy in Private-Package and Import-Package