Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/01 10:18:14 UTC

New Pootle

Hi,
about Pootle upgrade, the project restrictions are a good idea and the
line number on the right too.
I don't understand what to do with the export view. It only shows one
file and nothing to do with it
And I find it very slow when:

  * opening a file for translation;
  * going to a specific line (lower right corner);
  * search function (lower left corner);

And I got many times the message saying the end of file was reached when
I'm not even close to it.
The upgrades probably aren't complete yet but it's a first impression.
Hope it'll help.
Regards,
Pedro.

Re: New Pootle

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On Jan 5, 2014 4:37 PM, "Andrea Pescetti" <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 01/01/2014 jan i wrote:
>>
>> THanks for the report, upgrade is ended.
>

> Besides a quite annoying administration bug that is preventing me from
creating new users
> I think the upgrade was smooth. I frequently visited Pootle last week and
I always found it responsive; the new version is also more informative.
Thank you for the upgrade!

thanks for the kind words, work is progressing on the admin bug, but I do
have a priority problem spending too much time reprogramming pootle.

The upgrade was among the worst I have ever experienced, but thanks to a
couple of good hints (and soft kicks) from my infra collegaues we got it
running.

rgds
jan i

Re: New Pootle

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: New Pootle

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.
Em 01/01/2014 14:04, jan i escreveu:
> On 1 January 2014 10:18, Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> about Pootle upgrade, the project restrictions are a good idea and the
>> line number on the right too.
>> I don't understand what to do with the export view. It only shows one file
>> and nothing to do with it
>>
> There is a link to help at the bottom of the page, and it is actually worth
> reading.
>

>> And I find it very slow when:
>>
>>   * opening a file for translation;
>>   * going to a specific line (lower right corner);
>>   * search function (lower left corner);
>>
> duly notes, in general the performance I have measured is the same of
> before. I did not expect any better performance, that requires an
> optimization.
That's curious. It must be my connection than. Very unusual. Thank you
anyway.
Regards,
Pedro.

Re: New Pootle