Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu> on 2009/12/31 00:51:28 UTC

[announce] Wicket Stuff Core - JavaEE Inject

Hi all,

I am proud to announce the semi-new JavaEE Inject project in Wicket
Stuff Core, which was formerly known as wicket-contrib-javaee.

The goal of the project:
Make the @EJB, @Resource and @PersistenceUnit annotations available for
Wicket users, to make the development more easier. This means, that when
your components are instantiating, the annotated fields will be injected
properly, so you can use them for whatever you want.

The project itself didn't changed much, some javac warnings has been
solved, but it has now a newer Example application too, which will
demonstrate for you the usage of the annotation based injecting. The
example is based on maven, so this would be also a good example on how
to use enterprise applications with wicket and maven.

So now, if you think, that this stuff is cool and want to use it, you
only have to do the followings:
- Add Wicket Stuff Repository to your maven repository list (if you've
not already done so):
<repository>
    <id>wicket-stuff</id>
    <layout>default</layout>
    <url>http://wicketstuff.org/maven/repository</url>
</repository>
- Add the JavaEE Inject dependency to your web module:
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.wicketstuff</groupId>
    <artifactId>javaee-inject</artifactId>
    <version>1.4-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>
- Follow the Wiki instructions at
http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWIKI/wicket-contrib-javaee or
try out for yourself the example application.
- Profit

Project Future:
In the future, I would like to create a more up-to-date documentation
for the project, better JavaDoc, and solve the JIRA issues too, and of
course follow the modifications of the Wicket framework, so the project
could work with the newest version always.

Best Regards,
Peter Major

Re: [announce] Wicket Stuff Core - JavaEE Inject

Posted by Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu>.
Thanks, I didn't used JIRA until now, sorry for the noob question..

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu>.
I can see the admin view, but JIRA says, "WARNING: User not Assignable."
and I can't even close an issue.

> you should have access to jira..
>
> -igor
>
> 2010/1/8 Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu>:
>> Could somebody help me with this?

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to ask for Wicket Stuff JIRA access ('aldaris' user), and
>>> also a confluence access to wicket-contrib-javaee wiki pages (can a new
>>> one be created named as javaee-inject and a redirect for the
>>> wicket-contrib-javaee page?). For the confluence I don't have user
>>> account, because at the sign up page I get:
>>> org.springframework.transaction.UnexpectedRollbackException: Transaction
>>> rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Peter

Re: [announce] Wicket Stuff Core - JavaEE Inject

Posted by Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu>.
But the confluence reg is still exception.

> you should have access to jira..
>
> -igor
>
> 2010/1/8 Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu>:
>> Could somebody help me with this?

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to ask for Wicket Stuff JIRA access ('aldaris' user), and
>>> also a confluence access to wicket-contrib-javaee wiki pages (can a new
>>> one be created named as javaee-inject and a redirect for the
>>> wicket-contrib-javaee page?). For the confluence I don't have user
>>> account, because at the sign up page I get:
>>> org.springframework.transaction.UnexpectedRollbackException: Transaction
>>> rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Peter

Re: [announce] Wicket Stuff Core - JavaEE Inject

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu>.

Posted by Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu>.
Hi,

Posted by Paul Szulc <pa...@gmail.com>.
Cool, I will definitely check it out.

2010/1/3 Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu>

> Yes, I've just checked with No-local-interface view, Singleton beans and
> web-layer EJB's and they all worked without any problem.
>
> Regards,
> Peter

> > Will it work with JEE6?
> >
> > 2009/12/31 Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu>
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I am proud to announce the semi-new JavaEE Inject project in Wicket
> >> Stuff Core, which was formerly known as wicket-contrib-javaee.
> >>
> >> The goal of the project:
> >> Make the @EJB, @Resource and @PersistenceUnit annotations available for
> >> Wicket users, to make the development more easier. This means, that when
> >> your components are instantiating, the annotated fields will be injected
> >> properly, so you can use them for whatever you want.
> >>
> >> The project itself didn't changed much, some javac warnings has been
> >> solved, but it has now a newer Example application too, which will
> >> demonstrate for you the usage of the annotation based injecting. The
> >> example is based on maven, so this would be also a good example on how
> >> to use enterprise applications with wicket and maven.
> >>
> >> So now, if you think, that this stuff is cool and want to use it, you
> >> only have to do the followings:
> >> - Add Wicket Stuff Repository to your maven repository list (if you've
> >> not already done so):
> >> <repository>
> >>    <id>wicket-stuff</id>
> >>    <layout>default</layout>
> >>    <url>http://wicketstuff.org/maven/repository</url>
> >> </repository>
> >> - Add the JavaEE Inject dependency to your web module:
> >> <dependency>
> >>    <groupId>org.wicketstuff</groupId>
> >>    <artifactId>javaee-inject</artifactId>
> >>    <version>1.4-SNAPSHOT</version>
> >> </dependency>
> >> - Follow the Wiki instructions at
> >>
> http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWIKI/wicket-contrib-javaeeor
> >> try out for yourself the example application.
> >> - Profit
> >>
> >> Project Future:
> >> In the future, I would like to create a more up-to-date documentation
> >> for the project, better JavaDoc, and solve the JIRA issues too, and of
> >> course follow the modifications of the Wicket framework, so the project
> >> could work with the newest version always.
> >>
> >> Best Regards,
> >> Peter Major

Best regards,
Paul Szulc

http://paulszulc.wordpress.com

Re: [announce] Wicket Stuff Core - JavaEE Inject

Posted by Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu>.

Posted by Paul Szulc <pa...@gmail.com>.
Will it work with JEE6?

Posted by Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu>.

> 1. Each EJB must be declared in web.xml

In the example I'm not doing so, and it's still working under GF, but if
you love to write XML files, then nothing stops you, to declare your
EJBs in web.xml and use their names in the annotation.

> 2. @PersistenceUnit and @EJB cannot be used together

Did you read the documentation?
Check:
http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWIKI/HowToUsePersistenceUnitAnnotation

Please note the warning:
"Beware! Due to classloading limitations for entities, you cannot mix
the usage of @PersistenceUnit and @EJB do persist your entities. So you
have to choose only one of these approaches in your application"

> Don't think JavaEE Injection should be like this.

If you know better, then share your knowledge with us and send me patches..

Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Regards,
Peter

Posted by 谢非 <xi...@hotmail.com>.
1. Each EJB must be declared in web.xml2. @PersistenceUnit and @EJB cannot be used together
Don't think JavaEE Injection should be like this.
> Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 00:51:28 +0100
> From: majorpetya@sch.bme.hu
> Subject: [announce] Wicket Stuff Core - JavaEE Inject
> To: users@wicket.apache.org; dev@wicket.apache.org
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am proud to announce the semi-new JavaEE Inject project in Wicket
> Stuff Core, which was formerly known as wicket-contrib-javaee.
>
> The goal of the project:
> Make the @EJB, @Resource and @PersistenceUnit annotations available for
> Wicket users, to make the development more easier. This means, that when
> your components are instantiating, the annotated fields will be injected
> properly, so you can use them for whatever you want.
>
> The project itself didn't changed much, some javac warnings has been
> solved, but it has now a newer Example application too, which will
> demonstrate for you the usage of the annotation based injecting. The
> example is based on maven, so this would be also a good example on how
> to use enterprise applications with wicket and maven.
>
> So now, if you think, that this stuff is cool and want to use it, you
> only have to do the followings:
> - Add Wicket Stuff Repository to your maven repository list (if you've
> not already done so):
> <repository>
>     <id>wicket-stuff</id>
>     <layout>default</layout>
>     <url>http://wicketstuff.org/maven/repository</url>
> </repository>
> - Add the JavaEE Inject dependency to your web module:
> <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.wicketstuff</groupId>
>     <artifactId>javaee-inject</artifactId>
>     <version>1.4-SNAPSHOT</version>
> </dependency>
> - Follow the Wiki instructions at
> http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWIKI/wicket-contrib-javaee or
> try out for yourself the example application.
> - Profit
>
> Project Future:
> In the future, I would like to create a more up-to-date documentation
> for the project, better JavaDoc, and solve the JIRA issues too, and of
> course follow the modifications of the Wicket framework, so the project
> could work with the newest version always.
>
> Best Regards,
> Peter Major

上Windows Live 中国首页,下载Messenger2009安全版!
http://www.windowslive.cn