Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Quinn Stevenson <qu...@pronoia-solutions.com> on 2015/12/29 23:23:54 UTC

Potential Bug in CamelBlueprintTestSupport

I’ve encountered an issue, but I’m not sure if this is a bug or a user error.

I’m trying to write some tests using CamelBlueprintTestSupport for bundles where the blueprint file is in src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/blueprint.  However, I’m getting random failures in the test on startup.

I’ve narrowed it down to using update-strategy = “reload” and overriding properties in the test.  The tests fail (most of the time) when the actual blueprint file is in src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/blueprint.  Even when the test doesn’t fail, you’ll see multiple camel contexts get created during the test, while the test this is based on from camel-test-blueprint only creates two camel contexts.

However, if I move the blueprint file to src/test/resources/OSGI-INF/blueprint, the test passes.

Since I need the blueprint packaged in the bundle in OSGI-INF/blueprint, I can’t move the blueprint file to the src/test/… area.

Is there another way I should be testing this sort of thing?

I’ve created a unit test based on the ConfigAdminLoadConfigurationFileAndOverrideTest from the camel-test-blueprint module that demonstrates the issue.