Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com> on 2003/05/27 20:06:13 UTC

"Team" page

I have been wanting for several days to publish the web site, but have
hesitated because I am the only one who has put any background information
on the new "Team" page. If we get at least two others to add some
information, I'll publish it. Otherwise, I'll remove it from the menu until
we get some more participation.

Victor Mote (mailto:vic@outfitr.com)
2025 Eddington Way
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80916
Voice +1 (719) 622-0650
Fax   +1 (720) 293-0044

Re: "Team" page

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
On 5/30/2003 10:14 AM, Victor Mote wrote:
> Well, there is no haste to publish the team page, but since the whole web
> site gets published together, and we have about 2 weeks of accumulated
> changes to publish, it currently is a bottleneck.

If you publish it, they will come... ;-p (i.e., people will come 'a
runnin' to "fix" things with their name next to it...)
--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com

Re: "Team" page

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
done.

On 01.06.2003 22:46:49 Glen Mazza wrote:
> Looks good -- would you please update my email address
> to my "work" address on the team page:
> glen.mazza.at.eds.com. (.at. like all the other email
> addresses on that page to avoid spam concerns!)

The anti-spam stuff is done automatically by Forrest btw.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: "Team" page [OT]

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
On 6/21/2003 9:16 AM, Victor Mote wrote:
> OK. The web site repository has now been updated. It should go "live"
> sometime in the next 6 hours.

Yahoo! My name in lights (and my son's too! ;p) We just celebrated his
birthday this weekend. He turned 1 and got to swim with 4 girls in his
new kiddie pool... Amazing how much fun can be had in two inches of water!
--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com

RE: "Team" page

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.
Victor Mote wrote:

> Sorry. I just took a look at the forrestbot log & there are a handful of
> minor errors I need to fix before I should publish. I'll try to get that
> done tonight or tomorrow.

OK. The web site repository has now been updated. It should go "live"
sometime in the next 6 hours.

Victor Mote

RE: "Team" page

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.

Re: "Team" page

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
On 6/2/2003 3:21 PM, Victor Mote wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>>That'll go away next time the site is updated. See my change:
>>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/src/documentation/conten
>>t/xdocs/team.xml.diff?r1=1.5&r2=1.6&diff_format=h
>>
>>The mailto prefixes were missing and Forrest/Cocoon thought they were
>>HTML pages.
>
> Oops. Thanks for fixing.
>
> Victor Mote

I was going to ask (nag? -- btw, you don't need to add "nag" to my bio
;-p) about updates to the Team page. Then I noticed that nothing has
been done to the Team Page since you added my and Glen's e-mail address
(<nag>insert nagging comments to the following 'slackers' who haven't
updated their Team Bio yet: Bertrand Delacrétaz, Christian Geisert,
Karen Lease, Keiron Liddle, Jörg Pietschmann, Arved Sandstrom, Oleg
Tkachenko, Peter B. West, Marcelo Jaccoud Amaral, Rhett Aultman, Glen
Mazza, Anton Tagunov, Zhong (George) Yi</nag>). I don't really care so
much about my bio, but my guess is that Glen would like to have his
e-mail address changed soon...(no really! I don't care! ;-p)

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/src/documentation/content/xdocs/team.xml

;-p
--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com

RE: "Team" page

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> That'll go away next time the site is updated. See my change:
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/src/documentation/conten
> t/xdocs/team.xml.diff?r1=1.5&r2=1.6&diff_format=h
>
> The mailto prefixes were missing and Forrest/Cocoon thought they were
> HTML pages.

Oops. Thanks for fixing.

Victor Mote

Re: "Team" page

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.

On 02.06.2003 23:39:55 Clay Leeds wrote:
> /usr/serverlocal/forrestbot/scripts/work/build/bot/xml-fop/site/cleeds@medata.com.html
> ====
>
> I don't know what it means, but there it is...

Jeremias Maerki

Re: "Team" page

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
On 6/2/2003 1:55 PM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> done. I found this funny so I just added it. Clay, our favourite
> nit-picker! :-)

Thanks Jeremias! I went looking, 'cuz I wanted to see & learn, so I
figured out where to go to check this (I remember Victor explaining how
to find this info, but I wanted to "discover" it--thanks Victor for the
help!)...

BTW, while I was perusing, I came across this page:

   http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-site/targets/fop/

On that page is this weird notation:

cleeds@medata.com.html 	  1.1 	 3 days 	 jefft 	 Automatic publish at
Fri May 30 20:37:22 CEST 2003 from http://forrestbot.cocoon...

Clicking through as one is wont to do, when one sees one's name, brings
up this:

====
   Cocoon 2 - Resource not Found

   type resource-not-found

   message Page Not Available.

   description The requested resource couldn't be found.

   sender org.apache.cocoon.Main

   source Cocoon commandline (Main.java)

   request-uri

   cleeds@medata.com

   missing-file

Re: "Team" page

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.

On 02.06.2003 16:52:45 Clay Leeds wrote:
> Wow! My name in lights. I can feel my head getting
> better^H^H^H^H^H^Hbigger already. This was a pleasant, unexpected
> honor... Thanks! I have three volumes of text (only 150-300+ pages--just
> kidding!) to add:
>
> =-=-=-=-=
> (CL) is a web/WAP/Palm developer from Laguna Beach, California, USA. A
> recent XML/XSL-FO convert, he has been nit-picking FAQs & assorted web
> pages since his first webmaster position @brain.com in 1996. Most
> important creation? Jeremy Logan Leeds was born June 18, 2002.
> =-=-=-=-=
>
> If you feel the need, you can start cutting sentences from the end. ;-p

Jeremias Maerki

Re: "Team" page

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
Wow! My name in lights. I can feel my head getting
better^H^H^H^H^H^Hbigger already. This was a pleasant, unexpected
honor... Thanks! I have three volumes of text (only 150-300+ pages--just
kidding!) to add:

=-=-=-=-=
(CL) is a web/WAP/Palm developer from Laguna Beach, California, USA. A
recent XML/XSL-FO convert, he has been nit-picking FAQs & assorted web
pages since his first webmaster position @brain.com in 1996. Most
important creation? Jeremy Logan Leeds was born June 18, 2002.
=-=-=-=-=

If you feel the need, you can start cutting sentences from the end. ;-p

Thanks!

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com

RE: "Team" page

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@yahoo.com>.
Looks good -- would you please update my email address
to my "work" address on the team page:
glen.mazza.at.eds.com. (.at. like all the other email
addresses on that page to avoid spam concerns!)

Thanks,
Glen

RE: "Team" page

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.

RE: "Team" page

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@yahoo.com>.
My email was meant as a joke--please publish it,
especially as I would like to see the other pages (in
particular the examples page) updated for this
weekend.

Most/All the other Apache sites with bios are 100%
filled--so I don't see this as anything but a
momentary concern.

RE: "Team" page

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.

Re: "Team" page

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@yahoo.com>.
<German>
Ja! Bitte, bitte druecken Sie dieser Seite jetzt!!!
Ich kann nicht warten, bis ich mein Name auf
xml.apache.org sehen kann!!!
</German>

<English>
Yes, you may wish to wait a bit until more bios are
updated on the page.  I see no reason for being hasty
in publishing.
</English>

Glen

Re: "Team" page

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
Victor,

I have been looking forward to its appearance for several days now.  I
am keen to see my name in lights.  I think it's a very good idea, and
please don't be embarassed to have the first comprehensive entry.  I'll
add mine shortly.  I note that Jeremias has joined in.

Peter

Peter B. West  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/resume.html

Re: "Team" page

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
On 27.05.2003 22:57:48 Rhett Aultman wrote:
> Also, I'd prefer my email address be listed as wlight@weatherlight.com,
> as I'll be transferring my devlist membership to that address soon.

Done.

> I'd make the changes myself, but I don't have that kind of CVS access. ;)

Start sending cool patches until we get tired always applying patches
from you and we'll make you a committer in no time. Applies to every
contributor, by the way!

Jeremias Maerki

Re: "Team" page

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@yahoo.com>.
Put me down for "whining about TRAX/XSLTInputHandler"
;)

Re: "Team" page

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.