Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Lee Bruce <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2001/10/23 17:40:21 UTC

Can I use Tomcat without any other webserver ?

hi ,
I installed Tomcat 4.0 at windows 2000 workstation version . The problem is
: I don't know if the workstation version is enough , should I use "server
edition" ? Do I need "IIS" ?
Thanx for your help.

在 http://explorer.msn.com.tw/intl.asp 免費下載 MSN Explorer

Re: Can I use Tomcat without any other webserver ?

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@binarix.com>.
Lee Bruce wrote:

> hi ,
> I installed Tomcat 4.0 at windows 2000 workstation version . The problem is
> : I don't know if the workstation version is enough , should I use "server
> edition" ? Do I need "IIS" ?

I think you should be able to run it even on Win 9x (from posts on this
list - don't personally use Windows). So, yes, W2K Pro is fine. No IIS
is required but it is possible to use them together.

Bojan