Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Burt Poppenga <bu...@hotmail.com> on 2002/11/25 03:35:10 UTC

Help specifying DTD URL

Hello,

Sorry if this question has been covered before, the archives are currently
off-line.

Here are the tools I am currently using:
- Xerces 2.2.1
- TurboXML
- NetBeans 3.4

I am trying to come up with a 'relative' DTD URL that will make all these
tools happy.  Everything works perfectly when I fully qualify the URL:

<!DOCTYPE Programs SYSTEM
"file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Burt/xml/Programs.dtd">

But I would prefer something less hard coded, like:
<!DOCTYPE Programs SYSTEM "Programs.dtd">

Which makes most of the above tools happy, but the Xerces DOM parser (jaxp)
throws a MalformedURL Exception (no protocol).

Is there a way to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Burt