Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Harald Oehlmann <ha...@elmicron.de> on 2021/11/03 09:09:12 UTC

Re: Building Rivet using latest tcl.m4 provided by TEA

Am 28.10.2021 um 19:42 schrieb Massimo Manghi:
> The tcl.m4 script is quite old now, but replacing it with the version
> distributed by Tcl8.6.10 breaks the configure script.
>
> ./configure: line 2262: syntax error near unexpected token `3.9'
> ./configure: line 2262: `TEA_INIT(3.9)'
>
> Do we need to update the configure.ac to comply with some new TEA macro
> definitions?

Dear Massimo,

I don't know. I invite you to ask on the tcl-core list, as the experts
are there.

Thanks,
Harald

Re: Building Rivet using latest tcl.m4 provided by TEA

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Harald for the suggestion. I will check the sample extension
package to see how the TCT wants this macro to be used. In case I won't
find an answer I will send a message to tcl-code even though it is
something I'm reluctant to do

 -- Massimo