Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Paul Mander <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/15 17:43:42 UTC

[TRINIDAD] IE specific PPR blocking issue

I've come across an IE specific PPR blocking issue that is quite difficult to
reproduce consistently. Generally speaking this is most apparent when a
selectOneChoice component is used with autoSubmit. With lots of clicking in
and arround the list box, it is possible to get into a situation where the
PPR blocking is enabled but no PPR request was actually issued. In this
situation the block is only removed if focus is lost from IE itself onto
another application.

The problem appears to be around the custom PPR blocking that is in place
just for IE. I have applied a number of patches that deal in this area but
nothing solves the problem.

The only thing I can do to totally eliminate the issue to comment out all
the ppr block code in Core.js and PPR.js. If I do this, then the situation
never occurs. On the positive side, disabling the PPR blocking does not
appear to adversely affect my application no matter how hard I hit PPR.