Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Craig Hamilton <CH...@celeres.ca> on 2005/09/01 21:13:56 UTC

how to hook up components to share state

I have a QueryComponent, which is responsible for performing queries and
allowing the user to select the result they with to work with.  Also on
the page, I have a tab control, which has components which can perform
operations on the selected object from the QueryComponent.  How should I
hook it up such that the object which is selected within the
QueryComponent is known to the component within the selected tab?

I have figured out how to have a listener on the page which gets
notified when a new query is performed...but I haven't figured out how
to get the selected object back to the page, and then on to the other
components.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig

Re: how to hook up components to share state

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Craig Hamilton <CHamilton <at> celeres.ca> writes:

> I have figured out how to have a listener on the page which gets
> notified when a new query is performed...but I haven't figured out how
> to get the selected object back to the page, and then on to the other
> components.

How does the user select an object? Possible to get the selected
index using javascript?

--
Author of an e-Book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)