Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Jose Miguel Tejedor Fernandez <jo...@rovio.com> on 2017/09/02 23:09:21 UTC

set state.checkpoint.dir to execution environment

Hi,

After enabling checkpoints and set the property env.setStateBackend(new
FsStateBackend(url)) I am the following exception:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: CheckpointConfig says to
persist periodic checkpoints, but no checkpoint directory has been
configured. You can configure configure one via key 'state.checkpoints.dir'.

I have not found any way to set the 'state.checkpoints.dir' to the
execution environment. Is it possible? or the only way is to modify the
file flink-conf.yaml instead?
Thanks

BR

Re: set state.checkpoint.dir to execution environment

Posted by Tony Wei <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jose,

It seems that you enable the externalized checkpoints in your streaming job.
If enabling externalized checkpoints is what you really want to,
'state.checkpoints.dir' must be set in flink-conf.yaml.
For your second question, yes, the only way is to modify the
flink-conf.yaml. See the reference
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/setup/checkpoints.html#directory-structure
.

Best,