Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Echano <jo...@acotec.com> on 2002/02/16 01:35:59 UTC

Tomcat 4.0.1 StandAlone Web Server and SSL

We are interested in implementing SSL four our Apache Jakarta Tomcat Server.
We are running this as a standalone web server on Red Hat Linux 7.1.
According to Tomcat's documentation, it currently operates on JKS format
keystores (the Java's standard keystore format). Is this something supported
by well-known public CAs like Verisign or Thawte? For example, Are we going
to be able to generate a certificate request in a format that Thawte
supports  and that the return certificate can be imported into
the Tomcat Server? If yes, how? The ssl-howto only provides instruction on
how to use a self-sign certificate.

Thanks,

John