Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tomislav Stojcevich <st...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/17 21:27:40 UTC

[m2] dependency on sources from another project

Does anybody know the best way to include sources that are generated
in one project into another project (not for compile purposes, just to
use for further source generation so as to avoid generating from
metadata again which is quite a lengthy process due to the number of
tables).

I have 2 projects.  1 (ejb) where I generate code from the database
metadata and I then run xdoclet on the generated code to generate the
interfaces and stuff.  2 (web) where I also need to run Xdoclet
against the sources generated in the first project to generate the
struts form objects.

I only need the sources generated in the ejb project to be availabe
for the xdoclet step and not to be part of the sourcepath for
compiles.

I've already got the ejb project to deploy a jar with the sources into
the repository, I just need to access it now in the 2nd project in the
Xdoclet step.

--
tom

Re: [m2] dependency on sources from another project

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I think you'll need a custom plugin to download and extract the
sources jar (similar to how the eclipse plugin obtains the sources).

- Brett