Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Kristofor Selden <ks...@oxygen.com> on 2000/11/29 20:58:14 UTC

Need Xalan2 details about CompilingStylesheetProcessor please!

I'm trying to create a Facade class for executing XSL transformation which
manages caching of Templates objects. Can someone explain the difference
between the Templates implementation created by using the
org.apache.xalan.processor.CompilingStylesheetProcessor VS the
org.apache.xalan.processor.StylesheetProcessor?

All the documentation says is "This version has been modified to kick off
conversion to JAVA, via CompilingStylesheetHandler" -- what exactly does
"conversion to JAVA" mean?  The StylesheetProcessor documentation says
"processes XSLT stylesheets into a Templates object (a StylesheetRoot)"
which was what you cached in Xalan 1 and which has been referred to as a
compiled stylesheet (StylesheetRoot). Mainly, I want to know which
implementation of the Templates interface would be better for caching in
terms of performance.

Thanks for any help,

Kristofor Selden
Software Engineer