Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ben Acker <be...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/04 05:05:37 UTC

T5.1 Exception constructing service 'HibernateSessionSource'

Hello all!

Any help with this is greatly appreciated:

I recently upgraded to T5.1.0.5 from an earlier version of 5.1. On
local environment (jetty) everything is happy. On a testing server
that housed the previous app, not so happy. The target is Tomcat
5.5.27, and it tells me this:

org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.TapestryException: Exception
constructing service 'ValueEncoderSource': Error invoking service
builder method
org
.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule.buildValueEncoderSource(Map,
InvalidationEventHub) (at TapestryModule.java:1910) (for service
'ValueEncoderSource'): Error invoking service contribution method
org
.apache
.tapestry5
.hibernate
.HibernateModule.contributeValueEncoderSource(MappedConfiguration,
boolean, HibernateSessionSource, Session, TypeCoercer, PropertyAccess,
LoggerSource): Exception constructing service
'HibernateSessionSource': Error invoking service builder method
org
.apache
.tapestry5
.hibernate.HibernateCoreModule.buildHibernateSessionSource(Logger,
List, RegistryShutdownHub) (at HibernateCoreModule.java:123) (for
service 'HibernateSessionSource'): org/apache/commons/collections/map/
LRUMap [at classpath:org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/
ExceptionDisplay.tml, line 3]

org
.apache
.tapestry5
.internal
.structure
.ComponentPageElementImpl.invoke(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:948)

org
.apache
.tapestry5
.internal
.structure
.ComponentPageElementImpl
.containingPageDidLoad(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:794)
	org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.PageImpl.loaded(PageImpl.java:
134)

org
.apache
.tapestry5
.internal.pageload.PageLoaderImpl.loadPage(PageLoaderImpl.java:167)
	$PageLoader_122e329b33c.loadPage($PageLoader_122e329b33c.java)

org
.apache
.tapestry5.internal.services.PagePoolCache.checkout(PagePoolCache.java:
210)

org
.apache
.tapestry5.internal.services.PagePoolImpl.checkout(PagePoolImpl.java:99)
	$PagePool_122e329b33b.checkout($PagePool_122e329b33b.java)

Anything that I should be checking out specifically? Once again any
help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ben

Re: T5.1 Exception constructing service 'HibernateSessionSource'

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
The fact that you have a class name expressed as a path seems to
indicate a missing dependency:

org/apache/commons/collections/map/LRUMap

Tomcat is pretty bad about dependency changes on redeployments; often
it seems that some dependencies remain in a temporary directory after
the redeploy, screwing things up. Be very careful about your
dependencies, make sure that they are in your build.xml/pom.xml, do a
jar -tf on your .war file to see if they are there, and finally check
to see what Tomcat has done with them when it explodes the WAR for
deployment.

Yes, it shouldn't be that tricky ... welcome to Java (and to Tomcat
which seems to make many of these things harder than necessary).
Deploy on Jetty!

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry
Director of Open Source Technology at Formos