Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Stavros Konstantaras <s....@uva.nl> on 2016/01/20 14:13:12 UTC

Usage of public IP space

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the public network on CS 4.6.

Currently, I have a /24 network of public & routable IP addresses. I want to assign the first 30 of them to Cloudstack’s public network for using it in the system VMs while keeping the rest of this space for my instances.

However, I don’t see it possible as I get the following exception when I register the rest of the space in shared networks: "The IP range with tag: vlan://869 in zone NewZone has overlapped with the subnet. Please specify a different gateway/netmask.”

Does anyone know a trick to make this happen? Thanks in advance

Kind Regards
Stavros Konstantaras

----------------------------
Stavros Konstantaras
Science faculty Research IT support (FEIOG)
University of Amsterdam, Science Park 904, 1098 XH

Fingerprint: E5E5 9B19 D1CD 88CD 4763  3465 A8DC 7C92 330F D59A

Re: Usage of public IP space

Posted by Stavros Konstantaras <s....@uva.nl>.
Yes, that is correct. The /24 that I have is routable and there are ACLs + Router controlling incoming and outgoing traffic through that space (e.g. a VM in that space can not access other resources of the organisation and vice versa).

Thus, I want to use the rest of the space to assign it to my VMs and not just assign the full IP space to Cloudstack’s public network.  I do have my own VLAN range so I can do L2 separation of traffic and enforce my own security boundaries, however I am CL is not very flexible on that.

Cheers
Stavros

Re: Usage of public IP space

Re: Usage of public IP space