Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Bovy, Stephen J" <ST...@ca.com> on 2004/03/24 02:05:02 UTC

Clean-up question IBM Xerces 2.2

How do you delete/release and or free the dom
object tree when you are done with it..

I tried dom->release() but I got a nasty 0C4 abend
with the following trace:

The system detected a protection exception (System Completion Code=0C4).

>From entry point xercesc_2_2::AbstractDOMParser::~AbstractDOMParser() at
compile
entry offset +000000EC at address 19FF59BC.

+000000EC  xercesc_2_2::AbstractDOMParser::~AbstractDOMParser()
                         19FF58D0  +000000EC              IXM4C52
+000000AA  xercesc_2_2::DOMBuilderImpl::~DOMBuilderImpl()
                         19FF6A58  +000000AA              IXM4C52
+00000070  xercesc_2_2::DOMBuilderImpl::release()
                         1A228440  +00000070              IXM4C52
+00000266  hcsSCHEMA::~hcsSCHEMA()

Also how do you and/or can you clean up the memory attached to the
implementation pointer ???

// Instantiate the DOM parser.
static const XMLCh gLS   = { chLatin_L, chLatin_S, chNull };
sstate->impl = DOMImplementationRegistry::getDOMImplementation(gLS);

Re: Clean-up question IBM Xerces 2.2

Posted by Gareth Reakes <pa...@parthenoncomputing.com>.
Hi,

> How do you delete/release and or free the dom
> object tree when you are done with it..

Are you talking about the parser or the doucument? You can delete the
parser, but you should only release the document as it does some
additional cleanup. Additionally, if you got the document from the parser
then you need to adopt it if you want to relase it, otherwise the parser
will do it for you.

> I tried dom->release() but I got a nasty 0C4 abend
> with the following trace:

Did you call delete on the parser after the release without adopting the
document?

> Also how do you and/or can you clean up the memory attached to the
> implementation pointer ???

Thats taken care of. If you have any doubts about this kind of stuff a
good place to start is the samples.

Gareth

--
Gareth Reakes, Managing Director            +44-1865-811184
Parthenon Computing                http://www.parthcomp.com