Posted to dev@giraph.apache.org by Claudio Martella <cl...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/06 17:25:25 UTC

some weird code

Hello,

I hope somebody can shed some light on a piece of code i'm looking at
while working on GIRAPH-45 (and this code is also the object of
GIRAPH-95, so we'd probably get two birds with one stone here).

The code is taking care of vertex resolving in
BasicRPCCommunication::prepareSuperstep():
[line 1091]:
           if (vertex != null) {
                ((MutableVertex<I, V, E, M>) vertex).setVertexId(vertexIndex);
                partition.putVertex((BasicVertex<I, V, E, M>) vertex);
            } else if (originalVertex != null) {
                partition.removeVertex(originalVertex.getVertexId());
            }

First, vertex cannot be null as it's resolved by vertexRevolver, but i
guess it's a sanity check. But the real question is: why would you
setVertex() considering it's been already initialized correctly in
vertexResolver?
Am I missing something or did I just realize that GIRAPH-95 is solved
by just removing that line? :)

Thanks

--
   Claudio Martella
   claudio.martella@gmail.com

Re: some weird code

Posted by Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org>.
Given our changes to Vertex, I think so. +1

Avery

Re: some weird code

Posted by Claudio Martella <cl...@gmail.com>.

--