Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ng...@kouame.us on 2006/02/27 21:30:44 UTC

Configuration files for Tomcat (Oracle, JNDI, & DataSource)

Hi all,
Sorry I had a typo error in my previous email; therefore, I am sending
this one instead.
I am trying to connect to an Oracle 10G database, which is located on a
server on the same network. My application and Tomcat 5.5 reside on the
same Windows 2003 machine. Oracle 10G is installed on a separate Windows
2003 machine. The name for the Oracle service is "OracleServicemsbdb";
the database to connect is named "msbdb" and resides on the oracle
server, which is called msbdev2; the port is 1521. I am unable to
connect and all my tests point to errors in the configuration files. I
have the following:

In $CATALINA_HOME\conf\server.xml

<Resource name="jdbc/msbDB"  auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
     username="userMe"  password="myPassword"

driverClassName="jdbc:oracle:thin:@msbdev2:1521:OracleServicemsbdb"/>

In $CATALINA_HOME\conf\context.xml

 <Resource name="jdbc/msbDB"  auth="Container"
  type="javax.sql.DataSource"  username="userMe"  password="myPassword"
  driverClassName="jdbc:oracle:thin:@msbdev2:1521:OracleServensbdb"
  url="jdbc:msbdev2:msbDB"/>

In my application's web.xml file, I have:

<resource-ref>
      <res-ref-name>jdbc/msbDB</res-ref-name>
      <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
    </resource-ref>

Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Thank you in advance
for your
help.

Nguessan