Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/20 17:08:25 UTC

Merging to Multiple Branches

Committers, when merging patches to multiple branches please make a note either in the associated JIRA or pull request (which will get mirrored to JIRA) which branches it was merged to. This makes tracking which branches a patch landed in a lot easier.

I think most of us are in the habit of doing so, but it would help if we were all consistent.

Thanks!

-Taylor

Re: Merging to Multiple Branches

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
Actually I'm trying to get to it, but have been thinking we need to talk
about commit policy first.
As some of us may know, several projects (Kafka, Zeppelin, and maybe
more?) just pick Spark pr merge script and modify if needed, but it's based
on similar merge policy. We're having very different merging process so we
need to build our own if we want to keep it as is.

- Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

--
Name : Jungtaek Lim
Blog : http://medium.com/@heartsavior